After a long bout with M.S.. Learning how to deal, hospital stays and Dr. visits, I am back. Expect to hear from me often. I love you guys.
June 13, 2011
September 25, 2008
Ok, so you’re a big lady…make the best of it.
I just got home from having breakfast at a local restaurant. I admit to being a people watcher. There was a young lady at the breakfast buffet and I can’t get her out of my head.
She was blond and could have been pretty, I never really took a good look at her face because I was so busy looking at what she was wearing.
Yes ladies we are large but be proud! Do not wear a pink Winnie the Pooh tee shirt that looks like it has been slept in. Make sure that if your pants aren’t Capri’s they cover your ankles. A pony tail is a great classic hair style but not a rubber band. (A rubber band is a sure path to split ends.)
Alright I am a fair person, she could have had a reason for looking so bad, heck maybe something happened and she did sleep in her shirt. The point I am trying to get at is that I see this sort of thing every day, and I am tired of it.
A large lady has as much right as a smaller one to look good. Be proud of who you are.
- Wear clothes that fit.
- Make sure those clothes are clean and free of wrinkles.
- Don’t fall back on black as your basic color. (Ladies black doesn’t hide the fat it calls attention to it.)
- If you wear sandals give yourself a pedicure.
- Speaking of shoes make sure they fit. (Slip ons are great but make sure your heel dosen’t hang off of the back of the foot bed.)
All right you get the idea, enough of my ranting. I want to see more beautiful, big ladies out there from now on. Don’t make me get mad again. Oh and Remember Love Yourself and Dream, Deb.
September 3, 2008
August 10, 2008
The Perfect Pout
Full, luscious lips are all-the-rage on red carpets and runways this season. It all begins with a healthy pout.
Lips are skin, remember. They require moisture, nourishment and exfoliation just like the rest of your face. In fact, even more so. Lips are protected by a mere three to five layers of skin cells compare to the 15 on the rest of your body. A barrier is essential, but you’ll have to be choosey. Lipsticks, balms and glosses that are petroleum-based tend to be addictive and require more and more applications to remain effective. Instead, look for products that contain essential oils, vitamins and collagen enhancers.
Tips to achieve luscious lips:
1. If you have lines above your lips, use a lipliner pencil before lipstick. That will keep your lipstick from bleeding.
2. Only use gloss on the lower lip and press lips together.
3. For longer lasting lip color, fill the lip in with pencil and add lipstick sparingly.
4. Avoid frosted lipsticks, which tend to highlight wrinkles.
5. To avoid lipstick on the teeth: After lipstick has been applied, stick your index finger in your mouth, close your lips around it and pull your finger out. Any lipstick which was inside your lips will now have been transferred to your finger.
6. Look for products that do double-duty as sun protectors.
If you’re ready to have the perfect pout you’ll find the latest innovations in cosmetics on the Spa at Home Beauty website from Soft Surroundings.
July 31, 2008
I was asked recently, if the pear shaped woman should wear leggings? The answer is a great big yes. Leggings are great for the pear shape, the triangle the hourglass. Any woman who has an ample bottom should consider leggings.
The legging is great because it gives you a smooth look. Choose a darker color. Oh heck with leggings you can even get away with a bright color, the trick is your top.
You want the top you wear to be:
- A tunic
- A big shirt
- A sweater with some length to it
- A short, flirty trapeze dress
The idea is to make your top stand out. Your top should be long enough to cover your bottom. With the close to your body fit of a legging and a happy, hip hiding top your bottom can’t help but look slimmer.
Above are some examples of tops to go with your leggings. See how the top stands out not the bottom? Now go find your perfect pair of leggings and top and you will look nothing short of fabulous.
July 28, 2008
Are you a coupon clipper?
Well technically on the internet you don’t clip the coupon, but just like the paper version, internet coupons can save you a bunch.
Internet coupons are different than other text or banner ads you might see in two ways:
- They have an experation date.
- They have a code you need to enter at check out. ( HINT ) If you see a coupon you like, write the code down so that you can enter it when you see something you love.
An internet coupon can be in banner form or text.
Another thing to note is that some coupons specify – Sale not valid on clearance or already discounted items. While others are good on all purchases.
A coupon that is good for 20% off in addition to any existing sale prices is a great find. A coupon good for 40% off of regular price merchandise is not so bad either.
Start being an internet coupon clipper. Your wallet will thank you.
Remember Just Love Yourself and Dream, Deb.
July 26, 2008
I just ran across a post that I wanted to share with you. It is all about how to make sure that the hair style you are thinking about, is really the right one for you.
You know how it is, you go get a new cut and walk out of the shop weak in the knees because of what you have just done. This post tells you how to figure out the shape of your face and gives you examples of good and bad styles for your shape.
Best Hairstyles for Your Face Shape
The Secret to Finding Your Perfect Cut
By Rachel Fischer Spalding, Special to LifeScript
July 23, 2008
Style, it changes constantly we have to keep up.
Comfort, just try playing basket ball in your 3 inch heels! You
need sport shoes, running shoes, dress shoes, flats, sandals and
Health, it is bad to wear the same style of shoe all the time. You
need to flex and relax that Achilles tendon. Women who wear
only heels all day can have great pain when they try to wear flats.
That poor tendon doesn’t know how to work correctly when
lengthened. That is one of the reasons why that famous shoe that
starts with a B… is so good for you. The first few days of wearing
them are heck but they conform to your feet and give that tendon
the stretching action it needs. (It can make for a shapelier leg
Lets talk sweat, do you wear the same pair of sport shoes day
after day for hours at a time? The same goes with business shoes,
flats or heels. Ladies we have about 250,000 sweat glands in each
of our feet. You need more than one pair of shoes just to let the
poor things breathe a little.
The next time anyone says you don’t need a new pair of
shoes use one of the above reasons ( I especially like the
sweat one,) and watch them help you pick out the new
July 14, 2008
Block Out the Sun
It’s the number one reason for aging skin.
Sun damage — caused by UV rays and free radicals — creates a variety of skin changes ranging from blotchy color, large “liver spots” to precancerous lesions known as actinic keratoses.
To prevent sun damage:
1. Cover up.
2. Walk on the shady side of the street.
3. Never leave home without wearing sunblock!
Tips: Even with an SPF, you will still develop some color through the sunblock, but more gradually, and without the burn and skin damage.
Rub leftover sunblock over the tops of your hands. The darker brown-pigmented spots that develop there, called “age spots,” are a real age giveaway. If you protect your hands from additional exposure, these may gradually fade.
Top brand cosmetic manufacturers are constantly developing new products to prevent and repair sun damaged skin. Visit the Spa at Home Beauty site at SoftSurroundings.com to research and purchase the latest innovations in skincare treatments.
July 12, 2008
Summer is officially here, and it is time to head to the pool or the beach. Do you have a swimsuit? As a beautiful plus size woman you deserve a nice suit. Please don’t jump into the water in shorts and a t-shirt, get a suit. You have so many choices in price and style right now, there is no excuse.
The first thing to consider when buying swimwear is your shape. With any piece of clothing it is important to draw attention to your assets and downplay your negatives.
- Pear Shape: de-emphasize your hips and thighs with skirts or boy shorts. The Skirtini, Swimdress and tankini, were made for you. If you would like a tank style, choose one that doesn’t cut at your thighs, high leg holes do the best job of elongating your legs.
- Large Bust: you need support. A vee-neck can be very flattering, use it to draw attention up toward your neck and face area.
- Small Bust, Large Hips: keep dark colors on the bottom and light colors or prints on top. Draw your viewers eye up toward your shoulders and beautiful face.
There are suits out there with tummy control. Suits that will make you look pounds lighter. There is a suit for you. Remember the mirror is your friend. I mean a full length view not the over the sink view. Try on the suit. Look at yourself. Does it cut anywhere? Do you feel comfortable? Get a new suit and enjoy the sun.